More videos? Early access? Join my community here: http://www.patreon.com/cobus
LAUS DEO SEMPER
I very proudly endorse the following companies:
DW Drums & Hardware
Alclair In-Ear Monitors
This video was filmed, edited, engineered, mixed, mastered, and produced in its entirety by Cobus Potgieter.
This video was shot 100% GoPro,
with Hero 3+ cameras, in 1080p at 60fps.
Recorded and mixed using Cubase 9.5
Edited with VEGAS Pro 16: http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/int/vegas-pro/
Filmed and recorded in Los Angeles, California, USA.
NO drum replacement was done in this mix, this is a 100% acoustically recorded and mixed track: absolutely no supplementation, layering, or triggering was done.
MAN! Back at it! Also back at writing video descriptions. It's been a while :)
What do I write here? A more detailed description of the recording process? A summary of how I'm feeling? (If you're wondering: I'm feeling hungry). Or do I write something entertaining? Does this work? I'm so hungry that I'm struggling to think straight, so in order to post this video asap and go get some food, I'll just write a few things that come to mind:
* BAT COUNTRY FINALLY WITH THE DOUBLE KICK HOLLAAAAAAA
* This is definitely my most over-played cover of all time. No shame. Come at me bro.
* These GoPro's I'm using are about 5 years old and I'm starting to notice. Anybody got any hookups or ideas for new cameras?
* Food. Just thinking about food in general. About eating it. And so forth.
* I tuned the snare too high.. it took me AGES to get it to breathe and sit right in the mix. That said, I love how the mix turned out, even though it took a TON of work. You live and you learn. Unless you're an amoeba, they live but I don't think they have the cerebral capacity to learn.
* I recorded this song for the first time more almost 12 years ago. Isn't that insane? Time flies. Life goes by fast. I'm a really thankful dude.
Ok that's it, time for food. THANK YOU for reading this, for watching this video, for sticking around. You just watched me play the drums and have fun, so it's almost like we shared a cool little connection around enjoying drums and music (even if you live halfway around the world). I think that's kinda cool. Thanks for being here, have an awesome rest of your day, and take good care of yourself.
But seriously though, food.